Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday update

I get way too many emails now.

None of them are emails that I want.

The USPS has failed me again. I ordered Laura a birthday present and it was undeliverable for no reason that I can discern. I have been in negotiations with them all day today so far.

These negotiations have consisted of me calling that local branch of USPS, being told they'll look for it, and then calling back to discover that they still haven't looked for it. Also they are very grumpy so I am trying to stagger my calling to minimize my discomfort without allowing that package to get on a truck to "return to sender" bound for -

- you guessed it -

New Haven.

Happy Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Did you fill out a forward mail form when you left New Haven? If you did, and it gets sent there, it should get forwarded to you in Boston. If you didn't, you should get down there and do so! Or call the New Haven post office and see what you can work out with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did, but I'm never sure whether or not that works with packages or other tracked mailings. I usually only get catalogs and garden-variety mail sent to me.

    Anyway, I blasted all communication options with my wrath and eventually the package was delivered to Laura, but the tracking information was never updated so I am still getting some calls from USPS, and I have also been offered either a refund or a replacement package. I have decided to be a good person and not take the refund.

    ReplyDelete