Friday, January 22, 2010

Deep breaths.

Deep breaths and to-do lists may well become the theme of the semester. It's just that I have so much to do in a set amount of time. At least tomorrow is Saturday, which means that I will get sleep. I hesitate to say what else I will accomplish tomorrow, for fear of jinxing myself.

Suffice it to say that I hope that the terror of impending deadlines will kick my butt into action. The dates are just so inconvenient.

I went to a seminar today. Apparently the chemical ecology class was also given credit for going to the seminar (it was on sex pheromones), so it was absolutely packed. I mean standing room only. Dave came - maybe because the topic was so FX-y that he felt he ought - and there was still a seat next to me because I had draped my coat over it, so I indicated the seat and he came and sat next to me.

I didn't see FX come in but I certainly saw him at the end, so I'm not sure how exactly he did that. Nevertheless.

I think I like inorganic chemistry. It does not seem quite so anti-organic... Dr. D makes a big point out of being anti-organic but she's not. Not really. Anyway, it's hard to say NOW because I have only actually had two classes, but it seems sort of general-chemistry-esque (it will stop being that way soon, I'm sure) so far and that recalls Hem and, well, I miss her. I miss her a lot.

I'm cold. It's cold in my house. It's pretty much cold everywhere, which makes me kind of miserable. I'll tell you where it isn't cold, is on the third floor of Carnegie. It's like they're trying to smoke me out, whoever 'they' are. With heat, not smoke. Reminds me of the pchem 1 exam I took when the room felt like a sauna and I had trouble concentrating on the problems because I pretty much had sweat dripping down my back. And also my front. It was terrible.

BLAH. I don't feel like doing anything. I wish I was Schubert. He takes his napping very seriously. He has been napping all night. Mostly he naps, eats, and asks to go out. When he asks to go out, it's very annoying and he does it about three hundred times even if he's just been out so I usually yell at him. Good thing he loves me anyway. What a good dog.

Okay I would write down what I need to do but it is so OVERWHELMING that I will try to do the big thing tomorrow. Then it will no longer be overwhelming.

I feel overwhelmed. Forget it. I'm going to watch an episode of LOST if I can remember which one I'm on.

No comments:

Post a Comment