Saturday, January 23, 2010

My fingernails are flaking and peeling. It is extremely annoying. I can't remember how I solved this problem the last time I had it. I can't remember when that was - maybe last spring semester? Maybe it's a winter thing. I am always kind of hoping that somehow my fingernails will just stop chipping and flaking, but every time they grow out, there are those edges again. And then I peel the flakes off, feeling simultaneously fascinated by it and also hugely irritated.

It's an odd feeling.

I just found an old playlist that I made sometime last summer or last semester, perhaps. It's actually a very good playlist. I am listening to it and it is distracting me from my work, which is not a huge life-changing work but merely a little write-up of the seminar that I went to yesterday so that Nomura will give me some more points in case I need them. I am a packrat in terms of points. I do not turn my nose up at extra credit.

My inorganic book came today. It is all loud colors and kind of happy, and I haven't decided whether or not I actually like it. Then again, I have not put it to the test yet, so we shall see whether I end up loving it or not really feeling one way or the other about it. I don't feel one way or the other about my pchem book. It is just kind of there. It is light blue and has bubbles on it. I'm not sure why that's physical chemistry, but I'm also not sure why Jupiter or Mars or whatever it is on my achem book is analytical chemistry, so I'll just not ask questions.

My differential equations book is chillin' in Hong Kong. That's what I get for ordering international editions hahahaha. I just couldn't bring myself to spend MORE than $125 on a math book. It's not that I don't love math, it's just that I tend to love chemistry more.

This morning I picked up some money at the bank so that I could pay this girl for a Microbial Ecology book. I forgot that I was supposed to get a $10 for Laura so she could give me a $20 (she owes me $10 for various things). So now I have a lot of $20s and no $10s. What a pain.

1 comment:

  1. Your grandmother, my mother, eats loads of jello to prevent the flaking nails. She hates it. It makes her gag. I think if you take the Biotin in the vitamin basket, that might help. It is supposed to be good for skin, hair and nails. DJ likes it. It is almost gone, but I can buy more when it is, so go ahead and take it and see if it helps.

    ReplyDelete