Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday mornings are nice. They are nearly as nice as Friday nights. They are ripe with promises, and they mean that I can let myself slowly drift upwards out of a thoroughly satisfying sleep. When I look in the mirror, my eyes look contentedly sleepy instead of miserably exhausted, even though both options come with puffiness.

Schu was still sleeping when I woke up, which is sort of a rarity for him; he hadn't been downstairs because my door was still closed. I got a little too hot as I came out of it, because I sleep under a comforter, a down duvet, a blanket and a sheet, so I tossed the lot over by the corner by my shoulder, and they came crashing down on Schu. A few moments later I heard some wriggling and when I looked over, he'd angled himself so that his chin was resting on the overlapped blankets and he was looking right back at me.

I'm hungry. I'm really quite hungry, but I'm loathe to begin the day because Saturdays just fly. Christina and I are going to Sweet Treats for ice cream tonight, and then we're going to walk the park a little and talk. I guess this Saturday is going to fly whether or not I go and eat breakfast. What do I want to do today? Distract myself and be somewhat productive in the process: this means, of course, that I will end up cleaning my room. Not such a bad thing, especially as my clothes are not at all organized right now and there is no room for my jeans.

I actually think that mid 60s to low 70s is about the perfect temperature, because I don't like to wear shorts. I like to get away with jeans and tank tops, or hoodies and flip flops. And the sleeping temperatures have been perfect lately -- cold enough that with the windows open I can just snuggle into my covers and I don't have to try to escape from Schu, who nestles into my legs and radiates heat.

My room is quite far from put-back-together.

There are a lot of things banging around in my head right now, but maybe now is not the time to try and corral them to get them out. They'll just come back anyway. Things are just not the same anymore now that I'm a senior and Justine is a grad student and suddenly there's this huge chasm between us that we're both hesitant about and it's so stupid! SO STUPID. I hate it, hahaha.

Had lunch with Hemler on Thursday. Discovered a number of things that I thought were true and then thought were not true and now they've been confirmed true. Maybe it's bad that I feel vindicated over the whole thing, but I do. Anyway, it was nice. I rode along with her to see her in-progress house in Pompey. It was fun. The sky was pretty - dappled with clouds, white on blue... we rarely see the blue, really, especially since I was away for the summer - and it was nice to just ride.

Riding is sort of calming, weirdly enough. I never thought I'd be someone who could say she clears her head in the car, but I did. It was good. It was nice to catch up.

I dunno... this isn't going anywhere anymore. I should go eat some breakfast and let Saturday fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment