Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Occasionally I write a word and I don't like the way it looks, so I erase it and rewrite it. And then it's still not good, so I erase it again and rewrite it again. And I continue writing it out - at this point, it's a given that I am not going to be happy with the way I write the word - until eventually I am forced to give up on it because I don't want to fall behind in my notes for the class.

I have a lot of work to do and I am finally starting to make some progress.

I like the snow, even if it means I kick Emma into neutral when sliding down a hill to help with the braking.

My knees are really achy today, in the backs, almost like they're swollen. But I can't really tell if they are swollen or not, because I don't usually touch the backs of my knees. Anyway, I want them to stop aching.

Lalalalala band gaps and polymers and polymers and time/temperature properties and Silly Putty!

I wish I'd been able to get to bed earlier last night.


Lookit me, all TAing a lab practical. Huzzah.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like the way my knees ache. It helps if I keep them warm, and also if I take Tylenol before I go to bed (2 extra strength ones). Lately, instead of Tylenol, I've been rubbing them down with arnica after I get into bed. Sometimes I rub them down with lavender, which smells nice and the smell helps me relax and fall asleep, but the arnica does more to make them feel better. I don't need Tylenol when I use arnica. For awhile, when I first started taking fish pil, that helped enough that I was able to take a lot less Tylenol, but recently, I've had to up the Tylenol again... or use arnica. Which reminds me that arnica is one of the things I've been meaning to add to my grocery list. Better do that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. (that should be "fish oil" and not "fish pil" and if I'd learn to use my pinkies, I wouldn't make typos like that.

    ReplyDelete