Monday, December 13, 2010

one foot boy

Miami 2017. I don’t know why I like that song so much. I like the intro. I like the melody. I’m pretty sure it’s basically about the end of the world (or maybe it’s the fall of the United States), or something. But I like it, and right now I’m in the mood.

I feel very burned out. I have a lot of work that I really do need to do, and I just need to take a break. I just need a break. I just need some time off with some mindless tv, or some time to surf facebook aimlessly, or some time to sleep all day and not feel guilty about it.

I am going to finish this week. I am going to finish this week. I AM GOING TO FINISH THIS WEEK.

I’m exhausted.

highway run
until the midnight sun
wheels go 'round and 'round
in my mind


Maybe I should find my handouts to work on some labs. Or maybe I should work on my take-home exam from polymer. I have to do something, but I just want to go to bed.

Maybe I’ll go to bed. I might not be very productive if I stay up anyway, and I heard that you can count any sleep you get before midnight as four times as much as the sleep you get after midnight. That would mean I could get... well, actually, technically I do not have to get up at all tomorrow, so I guess there’s no endpoint. But anyway, I could get plenty of sleep. Maybe I’ll do that.

There is always tomorrow to work on this.

Only there’s not always tomorrow, you know? Sometimes you can’t do it tomorrow. But I can do it tomorrow, as long as I really do it tomorrow, when tomorrow’s here. As long as I don’t keep waiting for tomorrow, batting away the nagging of my to-do list.

Heck, if I don’t get my work done, when will I ever do my Christmas shopping?

circus life
under the big top world
we all need the clowns
to make us smile


My fingernails are painted silver. I would take the polish off, but I feel like it’s insulating my fingers and keeping them warmer, so I guess I’ll leave it until I start chipping at it. Then I have to take it off or risk the destruction (again) of my fingernails.

I’m glad I don’t have to leave the house tomorrow.

I don’t know what I feel like doing. I feel like being done. That means I need to do! I can’t be done without doing, you see. And there’s so much to have after I’m done! Books and television and running around the mall with all of the crazy Christmas shoppers and yelling good-naturedly about the traffic (except when it stretches across the intersection – that’s not so good-natured).

my oh my
think my mind is gone
I’m left here wondering
was I crazy all along?
what do I do?


Bed, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment