Sunday, March 21, 2010

'Cause when her heart breaks, no, it don't break even.

No lie, I just had to "correct" myself - I typed "doesn't" instead of "don't"! I'm a dork. I know, I know.

I'm more than a little frustrated right now because my biochem take-home exam is definitely hard to follow. It's not actually an exam, really, just more of a project type thing. I just don't understand what he wants us to do. Which is bad because the reason we don't have class tomorrow or Wednesday is that he's out of town on a conference. Hmm.

Well I'm sitting here and it's light out (which is good, because it's only 3:30) and Schubert is napping next to me. I'll tell you, this puppy naps like it's his job. He has two settings: sleepy/cuddly and RIDICULOUSLY OFF THE WALLS. Good thing he's so cute!

Finished my grading yesterday. It was less painful than I'd expected, probably because I only had to grade 17 or 18 instead of the full set. A lot of the kids took a break on this one, and I guess I don't really blame them. It's hard to remember what I did and didn't know when I was a freshman, though.

Justine and I need to demo the lab tomorrow. Turns out microbial ecology is canceled tomorrow, too, so I have from 10:30 to 1:50 to get it done. Gotta do nine titrations. I think I'll make it, especially since we did the standardization bit last week. I still think it's funny that we standardized our NaOH solution to standardize our acid solution. I guess it's all to take up time, though.

Tomorrow I also have to restart tutoring - I took the week before last off because I had an intense exam week, and obviously there was no tutoring during spring break. I have a lot of work to do in the lab - Thursday and Friday of last week kind of kickstarted me again and I've got things lining up to be done. Most exciting (or possibly most frustrating, depending on the results): what happened with the cyclization? I worked it up on Friday but didn't bother prepping a tube for NMR because Dave was out, FX was gone, the 300 is on solids and the 600 is busy, too.

I also gotta get moving on this biochem exam. Blahhhh. I wish I liked biochem more than I do. It just frustrates me, mostly. There's a ton of information and I wish there was a better way to learn it than by just memorizing, but I haven't found one yet.

I made it to season 4 of Lost. I'm pleased with myself because the first episode of season 4 was the one I saw on TV when I was babysitting a few months ago, and I've finally caught up with it. Now, though, I am starting to get slightly frustrated with the show because flash-forwards are much more jarring than flashbacks, and I know that as I continue on, we're going to flash-sideways and I just KNOW that's going to make me angry. Nevertheless, I have made real progress.

Speaking of progress, I scored 738k on Bejeweled Blitz. YEAH. I'm pathetic.

I'm semi-excited to be getting back into classes tomorrow. Having nothing to do gets old fast, which is why I didn't really mind going in to work in the lab over break. That and I had some pretty extreme guilt over not putting any hours in the week before break, so now I feel that my conscience is assuaged.

Well I thought I had a lot to say and I probably do, but I just don't feel like writing anymore, so I guess I'll sign off for now. It's been fun. My keyboard doesn't get this much action anymore because no one is ever asking me to write papers anymore!

NOT THAT I AM COMPLAINING.

No comments:

Post a Comment