Monday, March 1, 2010

Happiness is a weird thing. Sometimes I think that if you think about happiness for too long, you convince yourself that you're not happy.

I actually am quite happy. I think. You see, I'm doing it to myself.

I've just realized that I don't want to blog and that instead, I want to go take a look at the mechanistic organic chemistry preliminary exam for PhD candidates because I am hugely curious and I feel that that stage of my life is far enough away for it to intrigue me rather than terrify me.

I got four timesheets signed today and I picked up a check. My college pays me an awful lot of money. Then again, I do an awful lot of work for my college. I guess it's fair.

I love FX, he is adorable. So is Dave, though. I have a good department. I have a good professor.

I was insanely frustrated by the lack of direction in inorganic today. I am trying to like it, and most of the time I succeed but today was a spectacular fall-off-your-bike-and-surf-the-street-on-your-butt sort of failure (yes, I have done this before, why do you ask?). It just felt like a lot of information but it didn't even mean anything because there was no explanation for why we were doing it or what it meant. I probably should have read the chapter. I probably should read the chapter right now. However, instead of reading the chapter, I am going to go look at the organic qualifier even though the thought of being unable to do it scares me.

So I guess I lied and I'm a LITTLE bit intimidated by it. Merging of the minds, man. That triumvirate is just scary.

I'm tired, as usual.

Boyer wore a very girly hat today. I was proud of myself for being capable of holding in my laughter until the elevator door slid shut... then I exploded a little. But only a little. It was quite restrained.

Mmmmmm organic!

No comments:

Post a Comment